Christmas wrapping is going to kick my ass this year. A couple of things had started to trickle in through the mail over the last couple of days, and today I came home to a rather large amazon.com box in my room with even more presents. There are a few more that are still due to come in, but the bulk of it is in. Every day for the last week, I’ve come home from work, looked at the ever-increasingly pile, and said to myself, “Gee, I should start wrapping this” and then…don’t.
Usually Christmas wrapping goes as follows:
- December 1 – 7: “I don’t need to wrap yet. I don’t have anywhere to put these presents anyway.”
- December 7-14: “I should probably wrap at least a couple of these, huh? Maybe later.”
- December 15-21: “These really need to get wrapped. It’s getting close to Christmas.”
- December 21-23: “OH CRAP IT’S ALMOST CHRISTMAS AND NOTHING IS WRAPPED.”
- December 24: “MUST. WRAP. FASTER.”
That last bullet? This is totally where I was last year. My dad and my brother always ask me to wrap the presents they’ve bought as well, because apparently they are helpless when it comes to anything that needs to look nice, so I wrap 2/3 of the gifts for my house. It’s crazy. Last year I was up until 2 AM Christmas morning wrapping, partly because of the sheer number of gifts and partly because of my own procrastination.
Let the games begin!
Mirrored from winged orange.